Thursday 3 April 2014

Gig weekend! The Glassguns and The Strange Doors Manchester.

So this weekend I have pretty much written off productivity wise. Friday 5th April is one hell of a gig at Sound Control in Manchester with bands from the city and Coventry putting on a night of rock and roll presented by Interlude. The Glassguns headline with Dirty Jesus, Piston and Hardtail as support, a review will be available on Get Your Rock Out shortly after I have recovered from the weekend. A bit of a pre-view of the headline act, you will see me post a lot about this band and it is well worth it.

The Glassguns were originally from Coventry shimmying their line up slightly moving Adam from bass to vocals and bringing in Nick as their bassist to join brothers Sam on guitar and Phil on drums. Despite residing in Manchester they are dedicated to playing shows back home and taking on any given opportunity. They have an E.P out called The Ugly Truth and you can view my review of this here. They put on an amazing show and every single musician knows their instrument inside out and aren't afraid to experiment with them at that. There are bands that I like and there are bands I like and I know are actually good and these guys are the latter. I respect people just supporting friends but as a regular writer I can't be disillusioned by that, I have to be an advocate for music in general..at least I am honest.
The Glassguns are running in the Red Bull competition to play at Download Festival this year where you can vote and create a buzz rating by liking and commenting on the voting page, if anyone likes them just a little bit goes and votes and does their part then it will make a huge difference. It would be really nice to see the back of some of the newer metalcore and get rock and roll back in as it is a genre that has stood the test of time. You can vote for them here.

Speaking of music that has stood the test of time I will be off to see The Strange Doors (a The Doors tribute) on Saturday. I love The Doors and I really hope these guys do them justice! But I have had my eye on them and they do keep getting booked which is always a good sign at first. This I can also update you on after the weekend. An exciting weekend ahead, a messy one at that. But I will post the links for everything below for you to broaden your musical horizons.

To Vote http://download.redbullstudios.com/band-2014/the-glassguns/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheGlassgunsOfficial?fref=ts
Twitter @theglassguns
Reverbnation http://www.reverbnation.com/theglassguns

Locked and Loaded's main website 





























3

No comments:

Post a Comment